- Achieve more by setting SMART-Goals
- SMART-Goals > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-SvuFIQjK8
- 6 Secrets of Creative Goal Setting > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeGAUADKWnI
- If you want to achieve your goals, don’t focus on them > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2PP3p4_4R8
- Highbrow is an email subscription service that brings bite-sized courses straight to your inbox every morning. All courses are 10 days long and are broken down into 5-minute lessons to make sure you can read them with your morning coffee. Subscription is free! > https://gohighbrow.com/
Creativity in Business – a preparation for Unit 3, which is fully focussing on your business creativity
- What creativity is trying to tell you > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMOqIJ9V_K4
- A crash course in creativity > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyM6rx69iqg
- The science of improving your brain’s creativity > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y44GBM99JOA
- Networking tips from one of the UK’s most successful female entrepreneurs Lara Morgan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avVl5TwE5Ag
- Body Language – 5 ways to improve your nonverbal communication skills: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQh7t4WRHOk
- Non-verbal communication: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKhsavlvuao
- 3 ways to develop creative problem solving culture in enterprises: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1p4BZ8trl8 (Dr. Camarda provides insight to creative problem solving in enterprises).
- How to work with Wicked Problems? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWbicvDLPw (The video describes what a wicked problem is and how to approach it using e.g. the method of Design Thinking).
Links to TEDTalks related to this topic
- Non-verbal communication, Leyla Tacconi, TEDxBritishSchoolofBrussels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6NTM793zvo
- Cultural differences in business, Valerie Hoeks, TEDxHaarlem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMwjscSCcf0
- See Problems As Opportunities by Mona Patel (How “I can’t” can become an idea): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzAyOddR5u4
- How frustration can make us more creative by Tim Harford (Frustrations can become new solutions, ideas and concepts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7wF2AdVy2Q
Links to articles, blogs, and websites
- Design Thinking Tools by IDEO: https://www.ideo.com/tools
- Development Impact & You PRACTICAL TOOLS TO TRIGGER & SUPPORT SOCIAL INNOVATION http://diytoolkit.org/media/DIY-Toolkit-Full-Download-A4-Size.pdf
- Toolkit: http://diytoolkit.org/
- Service Design tools: https://www.mindtools.com/pages/main/newMN_TMC.htm
- What is creativity? > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5j76vuOJL4
- Creativity as entrepreneurial competence > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f76wtylyEFk
- Why do we need creativity? > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwGlaCTnNys
- Brief presentation of the Creative Project Canvas > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3lygHXuhZg
- Creative Thinking Habit: Always Look at Problems with Multiple Perspectives > http://creativethinking.net/creative-thinking-habit-always-look-at-problems-with-multiple-perspectives/#sthash.eqO8cKwR.dpbs
- Creative Thinking and Idea Generation: Rise up – Newcastle University > https://www.ncl.ac.uk/fms/postgrad/skills/documents/BiotechYesCreativitySessionSept2012a.pdf
- How good is your problem solving? > https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTMC_72.htm
- ‘8 Simple Tips to Stay Motivated’! > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU9NiuguC2I
- Intrinsic v Extrinsic Motivation > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUNE4RtZnbk
- The Science of Motivation > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZT-FZqfxZA
- The Power of Motivation: Crash Course Psychology #17 > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hdSLiHaJz8
- Dan Pink – The Puzzle of Motivation > https://www.ted.com/talks/dan_pink_on_motivation#t-249420
- Dan Ariely – What Makes Us Feel Good About Our Work? > https://www.ted.com/talks/dan_ariely_what_makes_us_feel_good_about_our_work
- The Secret of Becoming Mentally Strong | Amy Morin > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFbv757kup4
- The Power of Resilience | Sam Goldstein > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isfw8JJ-eWM
- Cultivating resilience | Greg Eells > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLzVJVM1BUc
- Resilience as a key to success | Elke Geraerts > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhI7l6YK3Kw
- Resilience: Crack your shell | Heather Warman > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTj1bv6T9ds
- Why some of us don’t have one true calling > http://www.ted.com/talks/emilie_wapnick_why_some_of_us_don_t_have_one_true_calling
- Artistic mediation for intercultural adaptation: ariadne4art.eu
- Coaching about mobility experience: http://cccc.eu/momap/
- Entrepreneurship for women: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYxdg9ywwMU&t=65s
- Professional network of migrant entrepreneurs women: femigrants.org
- Barriers of migrant entrepreneurs women: http://dro.deakin.edu.au/eserv/DU:30069645/azmat-entrepreneurial-2014.pdf
- Model of national Culture: https://geerthofstede.com/culture-geert-hofstede-gert-jan-hofstede/6d-model-of-national-culture/
- Grit – The Power of Passion and Perseverance > https://www.ted.com/talks/angela_lee_duckworth_grit_the_power_of_passion_and_perseverance
- The new era of Positive Psychology > https://www.ted.com/talks/martin_seligman_on_the_state_of_psychology
- Linley Seligman – Strengths-based Positive Coaching > https://www.mheducation.co.uk/openup/chapters/9780335241156.pdf
Relaxation – we all get stressed or overwhelmed sometimes, especially when running our own business. We therefore decided to add some tips & tricks that can help you keep the nerves at bay.
- Breathing Relaxation Exercise > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j5Z4E2wkh4
- What can you do to relax? > https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/tips-for-everyday-living/relaxation/relaxation-exercises/#.WusQ-y7waUm
- Breathing exercise for stress > https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/ways-relieve-stress/
- A series of relaxation techniques for the whole body > https://www.helpguide.org/articles/stress/relaxation-techniques-for-stress-relief.htm#mindfulness
Learn more about entrepreneurial competencies
Watch interesting videos to develop your entrepreneurial competencies
Creative thinking – how to get out of the box and generate ideas: Giovanni Corazza at TEDxRoma
Description: To be creative, you need to practice out-of-the-box thinking. Be aware of your assumptions. Unfounded assumptions prevent you from thinking creatively.
The Nature of Creativity and The Courage to Create
Description: The video explores the nature of creativity, the idea that creative insights emerge from the unconscious mind, and look at ways to stimulate creativity.
The power of creative constraints – Brandon Rodriguez
Description: Brandon Rodriguez explains how creative constraints actually help drive discovery and innovation.
Episode 1.1: What is Critical Thinking?
Description: Critical thinking is about to reach the conclusion by thinking logically, considering all facts, eliminating the bias.
5 tips to improve your critical thinking – Samantha Agoos
Description: Every day, a sea of decisions stretches before us, and it is impossible to make a perfect choice every time. However, there are many ways to improve our chances — and one particularly effective technique is critical thinking. Samantha Agoos describes a 5-step process that may help you with any number of problems.
Jordan Peterson – The Best Way To Learn Critical Thinking
Description: Psychology Professor Dr. Jordan B. Peterson says that the best way to teach people critical thinking is to teach them to write.
CRITICAL THINKING – Fundamentals: Introduction to Critical Thinking
Description: This video is about, what critical thinking is, what an argument is, and what the difference between a deductive and an ampliative argument is.
How to Solve a Problem in Four Steps
Description: A highly sought after skill, learn a simple yet effective four step problem solving process using the concept IDEA to identify the problem, develop solutions, execute a plan and then assess your results
The 5 WHYS Problem Solving Technique
Description: A method of determining the root cause of simple problems, developed by Sakichi Toyoda, founder of Toyota Industries. This technique implores the user to stop treating the symptoms of the problem but rather to ask the question “Why?” multiple times until the true cause of the problem is unearthed.
The Psychology of Problem-Solving
Description: A short educational video about what psychology tells us about how people solve problems.
Working backward to solve problems – Maurice Ashley
Description: Retrograde analysis is a style of problem solving where you work backwards from the endgame you want. It can help you win at chess — or solve a problem in real life.
Risk Assessment Made Easy
Description: A simple animated guide showing how to develop risk assessments and implement a hierarchy of controls.
How to do a Risk Assessment
Description: This video says the 5 simple steps to complete a risk assessment.
Risk Assessment – CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 – 5.3
Description: What risks can affect your organization, and what kind of impact will they have? In this video, you will learn about the importance of risk assessment.
Hazard, Risk & Safety – Understanding Risk Assessment, Management and Perception
Description: It says hazard and risk are not always aligned as the risk depends on the exposure to the hazard; similarly, risk, safety and perception of risk are not always aligned; this can make political decisions regarding safety levels difficult to make, in these cases, it is especially important to base them on facts rather than on subjective perceptions.
Confidence and Resilience
How to Build Resilience: Quarters of Encouragement
Description: The secret to success, especially for those of us with ADHD, seems to be resilience. It does not matter how many times we fail, as long as we get back up.
Confidence and Resilience Overview
Description: Here is an overview of how we can work with you to increase confidence and resilience-important strengths in a changing landscape!
Building Resilience: 5 Ways to a Better Life
Description: How do you move forward in such a complex and confusing world? Dr. Stephen Marmer offers 5 tips for coping with life’s unwelcome surprises.
How To Be Confident
Description: The fastest route to confidence is to stop being so attached to one’s dignity and seriousness; and plainly admit that one is – of course – an idiot. We all are.
Getting to Yes – Negotiation Skills
Description: Negotiations can be difficult. As salespeople we want to please the customer, but at this stage of the sale we may need to play ‘hard-ball’. How far can you push? Is Win Win realistic?
How to Negotiate Better – Project Management Training
Description: An aspect of leading a project includes negotiations, and gives you these pointers on improving your negotiating skills.
Description: At some time or another everyone has to negotiate. Negotiation is a process in which two or more parties make offers, counteroffers, and concessions in order to reach an agreement.
Soft Skills – Business Negotiation Skills
Description: Explain the meaning and importance of negotiation; identify the basics of negotiation and tips for to be a better negotiator.
The importance of cultivating a global mindset | Nia Lyte | TEDxKyoto
Description: Nia Lyte talks about the importance of developing a global citizen mindset and letting go of cultural stereotypes as a means to create a peaceful world by interacting with different cultures, accepting each other’s differences, and developing compassion and passion for humanity. She asserts that the unbroken threads of the invisible souls are what bind us all together as one.
Global Mindset : Mindsetmax
Description: A global mindset helps you and everyone around you to surpass the cultural differences between countries, establishing bridges among nations and people from the four corners of the world. This step would be the beginning of a true global community, something we have been trying to achieve for a long time now without real success.
Build don’t break relationships with communication – connect the dots | Amy Scott | TEDxQueenstown
Description: Passionate about improving communication of people, families, businesses, organizations, teams, workplaces and communities everywhere – Amy Scott (former lawyer) says “It’s not rocket science – it is simply learning how not to rub people up the wrong way!”
The Recipe for Great Communication
Description: If we look at our communication as if we are preparing a meal, we will find 5 ingredients present in every meal we prepare: Clarity, Brevity, Context, Impact, and Value. However, how much of each ingredient do we need?
What is public engagement?
Description: A brief look at how the City of Edmonton is approaching public engagement.
Leadership : Execution and Teamwork
Description: It is funny with a lesson.
Leadership + Teamwork: 5 Signs of Dysfunction
Description: It tells about leadership and teamwork relations.
THE IMPORTANCE OF TEAMWORK TO BUSINESS CHANGE – Leadership – Organization
Description: For Leaders, the research found there are four key processes they will need to pass through in order to navigate the support a significant organizational change.
Introduction to Project Management
Description: Project Management explained in a very simple way.
Project Planning for Beginners – Project Management Training
Description: If you are new to project management, then one of the first things you need to learn is the importance of project planning.
Project Management Basics for Beginners: 13 Simple Project Management Tips
Description: New to project management? Watch Project Management For Beginners and get 13 tips.
What is Project Management? Project Management Definition and Fundamentals | AIMS Lecture
Description: Define a project may simple as a temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, service, or result.
Customer Oriented Approach
What is COMMERCIALIZATION? What does COMMERCIALIZATION mean? COMMERCIALIZATION meaning
Description: What is COMMERCIALIZATION? What does COMMERCIALIZATION mean? COMMERCIALIZATION meaning – COMMERCIALIZATION definition – COMMERCIALIZATION explanation.
What does it take to be customer-oriented?
Description: Most organisations design their marketing around products. However, you could do better by listening more to your customers. Though not as easy as it sounds, Regan will show you what it takes to be customer-oriented in this video!
Ralph Waldo Emerson and The Psychology of Self-Reliance
Description: In this video, drawing from Ralph Waldo Emerson’s classic essay, examines what it means to be self-reliant.
Trust Yourself – The Art Of Self Reliance
Description: American writers, Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau, were the central figures behind the transcendentalist movement of the 1830’s. They believe that society and its institutions—particularly organized religion and political parties—corrupt the purity of the individual. They have faith that people are at their best when truly self-reliant and independent.
The Power of Perseverance | Michelle Neujahr | TEDxSMCC
Description: Michelle Neujahr had no idea how much she would need the motivational tapes she grew up listening to. Her story of overcoming numerous difficulties and the negative voices in her head that threatened to keep her down will inspire you. Her message teaches us to not give up as she shares her story of perseverance.
Tolerance for Ambiguity
How self-awareness solves problems
Description: Self-awareness is a term that is thrown around a lot these days. Gary Vaynerchuck points to it often as one of the most important attributes an ambitious person can possess. What does that actually mean — to possess self-awareness? Why will that help me in solving my problems? This video will show you a great way to think about it.
How To Be More Self Aware — 5 Powerful Ways to Increase Self-Awareness
Description: “How can increase my self-awareness?” One of the secrets to personal growth to be more self-aware. In this video, it details five proven strategies that help with your personal development efforts. It covers topics like mindfulness, journaling, meditation, taking personality tests (like the Myers-Brigg), and getting feedback from the important people in your life
10 Easy Ways to Improve Your Self Esteem
Description: How to know if you have high or low self-esteem? A person with adequate self-esteem isn’t someone who thinks he or she’s not good enough or, on the contrary, better than the rest. It’s someone who knows their merits and flaws. When you’re self-confident, you believe in your abilities. It fuels success! Low self-esteem can impede it. You should have self-respect if you wanna be happy. Bright Side will help you understand which kind of self-esteem you have.
Commitment – Motivational Video
Description: Commit to your dream and do not give up. Support your family and friends in the future financially, spread love and positivity around you and never give up, that is commitment!
Best Entrepreneur Advice For Beginners
Description: This video shares the best entrepreneur advice for beginners. At the beginning of an entrepreneurial journey it can feel like a roller coaster ride, filled with highs and lows. If you want to succeed in the startup world, you need to learn how to navigate this bumpy terrain so that you come out on top.
What is Entrepreneurship Commitment?
Description: Starting that venture will not happen overnight. However, it will often feel like you stayed up all night in order to fulfill the dream of getting to launch. There may even be times when it feels like it is taking too much time from your life. Many will feel this is their life. Nevertheless, for those who keep going, the rewards are hard to describe.
Why is NETWORKING so important?
Description: The video sheds light to the basic benefits of networking.
Networking tips from one of the UK’s most successful female entrepreneurs
Description: A very hands on video that can make you network with others
Five Networking Tips for Women Professionals
Description: Five useful and practical hands-on tips for networking.
Skill needed in entrepreneurship
- The Power of an Entrepreneurial Mindset | Bill Roche | TEDxLangleyED
- From refugee to entrepreneur | Anna Nooshin | TEDxAmsterdamWomen
- Entrepreneurship for Migrants | Betty Encinales | TEDxSOAS
- Empowering Women Benefits Everyone | Jane Sojka | TEDxUCincinnati
- What it takes to be a migrant entrepreneur | Rafael dos Santos | TEDxRoyalTunbridgeWells
- 5 Women Entrepreneurs Share Their Secrets To Success | Refinery29
- Interview with world’s most successful female entrepreneur, Kay Koplovitz
- Power of Women Entrepreneurship | K Ratna Prabha IAS | TEDxDSCE
- The real reason female entrepreneurs get less funding | Dana Kanze