- Achieve more by setting SMART-Goals
- SMART-Goals > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-SvuFIQjK8
- 6 Secrets of Creative Goal Setting > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeGAUADKWnI
- If you want to achieve your goals, don’t focus on them > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2PP3p4_4R8
- Highbrow is an email subscription service that brings bite-sized courses straight to your inbox every morning. All courses are 10 days long and are broken down into 5-minute lessons to make sure you can read them with your morning coffee. Subscription is free! > https://gohighbrow.com/
Creativity in Business – a preparation for Unit 3, which is fully focussing on your business creativity
- What creativity is trying to tell you > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMOqIJ9V_K4
- A crash course in creativity > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyM6rx69iqg
- The science of improving your brain’s creativity > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y44GBM99JOA
- Networking tips from one of the UK’s most successful female entrepreneurs Lara Morgan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avVl5TwE5Ag
- Body Language – 5 ways to improve your nonverbal communication skills: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQh7t4WRHOk
- Non-verbal communication: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKhsavlvuao
- 3 ways to develop creative problem solving culture in enterprises: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1p4BZ8trl8 (Dr. Camarda provides insight to creative problem solving in enterprises).
- How to work with Wicked Problems? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWbicvDLPw (The video describes what a wicked problem is and how to approach it using e.g. the method of Design Thinking).
Links to TEDTalks related to this topic
- Non-verbal communication, Leyla Tacconi, TEDxBritishSchoolofBrussels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6NTM793zvo
- Cultural differences in business, Valerie Hoeks, TEDxHaarlem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMwjscSCcf0
- See Problems As Opportunities by Mona Patel (How “I can’t” can become an idea): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzAyOddR5u4
- How frustration can make us more creative by Tim Harford (Frustrations can become new solutions, ideas and concepts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7wF2AdVy2Q
Links to articles, blogs, and websites
- Design Thinking Tools by IDEO: https://www.ideo.com/tools
- Development Impact & You PRACTICAL TOOLS TO TRIGGER & SUPPORT SOCIAL INNOVATION http://diytoolkit.org/media/DIY-Toolkit-Full-Download-A4-Size.pdf
- Toolkit: http://diytoolkit.org/
- Service Design tools: https://www.mindtools.com/pages/main/newMN_TMC.htm
- What is creativity? > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5j76vuOJL4
- Creativity as entrepreneurial competence > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f76wtylyEFk
- Why do we need creativity? > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwGlaCTnNys
- Brief presentation of the Creative Project Canvas > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3lygHXuhZg
- Creative Thinking Habit: Always Look at Problems with Multiple Perspectives > http://creativethinking.net/creative-thinking-habit-always-look-at-problems-with-multiple-perspectives/#sthash.eqO8cKwR.dpbs
- Creative Thinking and Idea Generation: Rise up – Newcastle University > https://www.ncl.ac.uk/fms/postgrad/skills/documents/BiotechYesCreativitySessionSept2012a.pdf
- How good is your problem solving? > https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newTMC_72.htm
- ‘8 Simple Tips to Stay Motivated’! > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU9NiuguC2I
- Intrinsic v Extrinsic Motivation > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUNE4RtZnbk
- The Science of Motivation > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZT-FZqfxZA
- The Power of Motivation: Crash Course Psychology #17 > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hdSLiHaJz8
- Dan Pink – The Puzzle of Motivation > https://www.ted.com/talks/dan_pink_on_motivation#t-249420
- Dan Ariely – What Makes Us Feel Good About Our Work? > https://www.ted.com/talks/dan_ariely_what_makes_us_feel_good_about_our_work
- The Secret of Becoming Mentally Strong | Amy Morin > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFbv757kup4
- The Power of Resilience | Sam Goldstein > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isfw8JJ-eWM
- Cultivating resilience | Greg Eells > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLzVJVM1BUc
- Resilience as a key to success | Elke Geraerts > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhI7l6YK3Kw
- Resilience: Crack your shell | Heather Warman > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTj1bv6T9ds
- Why some of us don’t have one true calling > http://www.ted.com/talks/emilie_wapnick_why_some_of_us_don_t_have_one_true_calling
- Artistic mediation for intercultural adaptation: ariadne4art.eu
- Coaching about mobility experience: http://cccc.eu/momap/
- Entrepreneurship for women: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYxdg9ywwMU&t=65s
- Professional network of migrant entrepreneurs women: femigrants.org
- Barriers of migrant entrepreneurs women: http://dro.deakin.edu.au/eserv/DU:30069645/azmat-entrepreneurial-2014.pdf
- Model of national Culture: https://geerthofstede.com/culture-geert-hofstede-gert-jan-hofstede/6d-model-of-national-culture/
- Grit – The Power of Passion and Perseverance > https://www.ted.com/talks/angela_lee_duckworth_grit_the_power_of_passion_and_perseverance
- The new era of Positive Psychology > https://www.ted.com/talks/martin_seligman_on_the_state_of_psychology
- Linley Seligman – Strengths-based Positive Coaching > https://www.mheducation.co.uk/openup/chapters/9780335241156.pdf
Relaxation – we all get stressed or overwhelmed sometimes, especially when running our own business. We therefore decided to add some tips & tricks that can help you keep the nerves at bay.
- Breathing Relaxation Exercise > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j5Z4E2wkh4
- What can you do to relax? > https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/tips-for-everyday-living/relaxation/relaxation-exercises/#.WusQ-y7waUm
- Breathing exercise for stress > https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/ways-relieve-stress/
- A series of relaxation techniques for the whole body > https://www.helpguide.org/articles/stress/relaxation-techniques-for-stress-relief.htm#mindfulness
Learn more about entrepreneurial competencies
Watch interesting videos to develop your entrepreneurial competencies
Creative thinking – how to get out of the box and generate ideas: Giovanni Corazza at TEDxRoma
The Nature of Creativity and The Courage to Create
The power of creative constraints – Brandon Rodriguez
Episode 1.1: What is Critical Thinking?
5 tips to improve your critical thinking – Samantha Agoos
Jordan Peterson – The Best Way To Learn Critical Thinking
CRITICAL THINKING – Fundamentals: Introduction to Critical Thinking
How to Solve a Problem in Four Steps
The 5 WHYS Problem Solving Technique
A method developed by Sakichi Toyoda, founder of Toyota Industries.
The Psychology of Problem-Solving
Working backward to solve problems – Maurice Ashley
Risk Assessment Made Easy
How to do a Risk Assessment
5 simple steps to complete a risk assessment.
Risk Assessment – CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 – 5.3
Hazard, Risk & Safety – Understanding Risk Assessment, Management and Perception
Confidence and Resilience
How to Build Resilience: Quarters of Encouragement
Confidence and Resilience Overview
Building Resilience: 5 Ways to a Better Life
Dr. Stephen Marmer offers 5 tips for coping with life’s unwelcome surprises.
How To Be Confident
Getting to Yes – Negotiation Skills
How to Negotiate Better – Project Management Training
Soft Skills – Business Negotiation Skills
The meaning and importance of negotiation; identify the basics of negotiation and tips for to be a better negotiator.
Build don’t break relationships with communication – connect the dots | Amy Scott | TEDxQueenstown
The Recipe for Great Communication
5 ingredients: Clarity, Brevity, Context, Impact, and Value.
What is public engagement?
The City of Edmonton and public engagement.
Leadership : Execution and Teamwork
Leadership + Teamwork: 5 Signs of Dysfunction
Leadership and teamwork relations.
THE IMPORTANCE OF TEAMWORK TO BUSINESS CHANGE – Leadership – Organization
Introduction to Project Management
Project Management explained in a simple way.
Project Planning for Beginners – Project Management Training
Project Management Basics for Beginners: 13 Simple Project Management Tips
What is Project Management? Project Management Definition and Fundamentals | AIMS Lecture
Why is NETWORKING so important?
The basic benefits of networking.
Networking tips from one of the UK’s most successful female entrepreneurs
A hands on video how to network with others
Five Networking Tips for Women Professionals
Five practical tips for networking.
ENTREPRENERUSHIP IN THE UK
Establishing a business in the UK
Government website stating the different aspects of setting up a business in the UK.
Explanation of business development in the UK, with information regarding working visas and residence permits.
Government help and support on starting a business in Great Britain.
Tax and VAT information in the UK
A fully comprehensive list of all the links and guidance needed in relation to VAT and Business Tax.
Key infrastructures for business growth in the UK
A guide for international trade within a business.
A Business Growth platform with information on funding, managing and expansion of a business.
Government information regarding business growth.
Funding opportunities in the UK
Comprehensive list of all financial support for businesses via the Government website
How to get a business loan via the Funding Circle
Tax and customs in the UK
A list of useful information from the government website regarding:
- exchange rates
- goods and customs
- storing goods
- relevant forms and manuals
Legal considerations in the UK
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) changed in May 2018 and helps to protect the public’s data. Knowledge about these regulations is essential to comply with the laws and avoid prosecution.
Business preparations for leaving the European Union
Laws and regulations regarding the national minimum wage.
Guerrilla marketing is clever, creative, unusual way of marketing that uses little financial resources but highly eye-catching. It aims to find people through unusual channels and it uses for instance plenty of social media.
9 guerrilla marketing examples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtp5eZhdlYA
Guerrilla Marketing – Pay with a smile | Project change: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cRXRxepsKo
7 Guerrilla Marketing Ideas To Shut Down Your Competition: https://moosend.com/blog/guerilla-marketing-ideas/
20+ Jaw-Dropping Guerrilla Marketing Examples: https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2014/09/22/guerrilla-marketing-examples
Design methods help to find user-oriented, creative and alternative solutions to challenges, and to involve users. Here are links to some tools.
Practical tools and resources to help to generate ideas and support innovation: see e.g. https://www.nesta.org.uk/publications/diy-toolkit (a toolkit for social innovation)
Human-centered design kit by IDEO: http://www.designkit.org/methods
Stanford d. School Resources & Tools: https://dschool.stanford.edu/resources-collections/
Alexandar Cowan Venture Design: https://www.alexandercowan.com/venture-design/
Design Thinking for Business Innovation’ book by MJV: http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/1701231/Documents/Design_Thinking_-_The_Book/Design_Thinking_The_Book.pdf
Service design toolkit: https://www.servicedesigntoolkit.org/
Service design tools: http://www.servicedesigntools.org/
Suggested Further Readings
In each language, you can propose extra texts, videos, blogs, testimonies, tutorials, academic literatures that are easy to read and about the thematic of Entrepreneurs Migrants Women
- Migrants are natural entrepreneurs:
- Immigrants, twice as entrepreneurial as Britons :
- Interview with Sara Barokas and Virginie Charles-Dear (from France) of ToucanBox:
- Hassle co-founder, Jules Coleman (from Ireland) interview:
- Betty Encinales, Becruit (recruitment) TED talk:
- The Power of an Entrepreneurial Mindset | Bill Roche | TEDxLangleyED
- From refugee to entrepreneur | Anna Nooshin | TEDxAmsterdamWomen
- Entrepreneurship for Migrants | Betty Encinales | TEDxSOAS
- Empowering Women Benefits Everyone | Jane Sojka | TEDxUCincinnati
- What it takes to be a migrant entrepreneur | Rafael dos Santos | TEDxRoyalTunbridgeWells
- 5 Women Entrepreneurs Share Their Secrets To Success | Refinery29
- Interview with world’s most successful female entrepreneur, Kay Koplovitz
- Power of Women Entrepreneurship | K Ratna Prabha IAS | TEDxDSCE
- The real reason female entrepreneurs get less funding | Dana Kanze